“If we fall for school resumption, our compatriots will all be killed in Kondengui”
My dear SOUTHERN CAMEROONIANS, People of good conscience, parents, teachers and students;
If you have never been a student you won’t know how it feels like when you stay home; If you have never paid school fees for a child, you won’t know how a parent feels when his child fails the final exam; If you have not been thought the “French Revolution,” you won’t wonder why the true history of SC Independence is kept out of the secondary and high school curriculum in Cameroun!
All of you out there will agree with me that unless you are alive or free, you can’t do anything, let alone go to school.
1. Parents have been abducted and stored in underground bunkers such that they can not prepare their own children to go to school.
2. Students have been abducted and stored in underground bunkers such that they are doomed and may never have a chance again to go to school.
3. Teachers have been abducted and stored in underground bunkers such that they may never teach again in school.
4. Lawyers have been abducted and stored in underground bunkers such that they may never again defend the right to quality education and descent schools.
5. These students, teachers and lawyers are all paying a heavy price today because they want the best for everybody. They want you and me to be free! While the oppressor is oppressing them for standing up for all of us we can’t afford to abandon them. We must sacrifice mightily for them. Yes, we must resist with them to the end.
6. If we blink just for a second this heartless regime will never set them free. As power mongers, the regime’s preoccupation is to conserve power in total disregard for our people. We must resist.
Hence, we must resist all attempts and temptation for schools to resume. Resisting school resumption is our best bargaining chip for the liberation of all our innocent compatriots presently languishing in LRC smelling torture bunkers under conditions that neither Mr. Biya nor Mr. Philemon Yang would ever wish for their children.
I am therefore, persuaded that if schools do not resume, in addition to pressing the regime for the liberation of our compatriots;
– It is also the best none-violent weapon in the hands of the oppressed to protest at minimum risk to life
– If schools do not resume, officers will not rape our children without fear for punishment,
– If schools do not resume, officers will not force our children out of their hostels to drink sewage water and urine,
– If schools do not resume, students, teachers and lawyers won’t be arrested or shot by trigger happy officers.
We must therefore, resist until the U.N. completely resolves this matter and until everyone is free.
Like our brothers inside those stinking underground bunkers are being made to undergo living conditions that are unbearable right, it is equally our collective duty to make governing very difficult and our territory totally ungovernable for the oppressor. When you stand up against a bad regime, you are on the right side of history.
Hence, our resistance must continue until everyone in jail is freed and until we achieve complete independence.
Truth is until all arrested are freed and until SC independence is proclaimed, all our teachers, all our students and all our parents (proponents and opponents) of this struggle, we are all potential tenants of Kondegui and its hidden underground concentration camps, East of the River MUNGO.
Before you decide to send your children back to school, PLEASE, think twice and don’t put the lives of our brothers in jail at more danger than they already are. I would advice you Keep your children home as the best guarantee for their safety and for general peace.
The winning struggle continues!
Dr. David Makongo, (President, United Support for Peace Int’l NGO)