Agbor Balla-Fontem Neba trial: Prison Director says Kondengui lacks escort resources in transporting high risk prisoners
The Mfoundi High Court in Yaounde was told yesterday that the detained leaders of the Cameroon Anglophone Civil Society Consortium could not appear before the court because the Kondengui high security prison did not have available security guards to escort the leaders for the hearing.
Both Dr. Barrister Agbor Felix Nkongho and Dr. Fontem Neba were expected to appear before a judge at the Mfoundi High Court on Tuesday August the 29th 2017 following an application for habeas corpus made by the defense team for the leaders of the Consortium. They will remain in prison amid tension mounting in Southern Cameroons.
The application for habeas corpus made by the defense team for the detained leaders of the Cameroon Anglophone Civil Society Consortium was supposed to be examined during a court session slated for the 29th of August at the Mfoundi High Court.
The two leaders, Felix Nkongho Agbor and Fontem Neba are currently being tried in French Cameroun for hostility against the homeland, outrages on constituted bodies and officials, rebellion, degradation of public property, looting, coercion of acts of terrorism, secession, revolution, insurrection, excitement And propagation of false news.
Dr. Barrister Agbor Balla and Dr. Fontem Neba were arrested on January 18 and ever since then, the Southern Cameroons revolution has continued to shake the very foundation of the ruling CPDM party.
By Rita Akana
Cameroon Intelligence Report