Brief on the correct narrative of failed decolonisation of Southern Cameroons now facing genocide from La Republique
1. There has never been a proper, and thus definitive ending of the United Nations Organization –British Trusteeship over British Southern Cameroons;
2. The United Nations-British Trusteeship Agreement as applied to Southern Cameroons permitted the initial administration of the Trust territory to be attached to the then colony of Lagos and afterwards, to the Eastern Region of the Federation of Nigeria.
3. In 1954, dissatisfied with condescending treatment of Southern Cameroonians by the Ibos, the Southern Cameroonians quit the Eastern Nigeria Region and set up her own internal self-government in Buea within the territory of Southern Cameroons which handled the run up to independence.
4. In the run up to independence, Southern Cameroons was screwed up into a narrow choice from two equal alternatives by which we were denied the direct access to independence. The now infamous “Two Alternatives” put to us upon which the Plebiscite was run, was born out of an justified fear of vulnerability to “Communist infestation” and a then hidden but now very clear political economic undertone of foreign interest in the subsoil of Southern Cameroons at the time which has continued to this date to be the curse on our right to self-determination.
5. The results of the February 11, 1961 Plebiscite on British Southern Cameroons’ pathway to independence was consecrated in UN Resolution 1608(XV) dated April 21, 1961, which fixed the date of independence for Southern Cameroons for October 1, 1961. The said United Nations Resolution also set clear mandatory guidelines for its implementation by which the French CameroUn Republic and the already independent erstwhile British Southern Cameroons, were to work out the constitutional basis of their “joining” in order to create a national Federation of two-States of equal status.
6. Regrettably, on September 30, 1961, aided by the then British Ambassador to that “La République du Cameroun” that had acceded to “nominal independence” much earlier on January 1, 1960, overran Southern Cameroons thereby frustrating the ceremonial projected for October 1, 1960 in UN Resolution 1608(XV). Effectively thus, without any legal basis Southern Cameroons was recolonized sadly this time by a sister African Country that was just coming out of her own colonization under France.
7. The Foumban so-called constitutional talks of July 27, 1961, were a failure for non-conformity with the prescriptions of UN Resolution 1608(XV) to wit: That the Southern Cameroons Delegation to the Talks should be accompanied by the British and to hold the talks with independent French Cameroun Republic. The Foumban Talks were never also concluded, reason why no record of such conclusion exists.
8. It is significant to note that before coming to the Foumban Talks of July 27, 1961, President Ahmadou Ahidjo had already effected some cosmetic changes on the “Gaullist” independence Constitution of his country top read Constitution of the Federal republic of Cameroon”. In effect the Constitution of a Federal Republic of Cameroon was forged and promulgated before the projected “ACT OF UNION” that has NEVER BEEN”.
9. No “ACT OF UNION” exists anywhere in the world attesting to a legal or anything close thereto, as joining of Independent “La République du Cameroun” and the Erstwhile United Nations-British Trust Territory of Southern Cameroons (now renamed Ambazonia since October 1, 2017). The provisions of Article 102() of the UN Charter and Article 4(b) of the Constitutive Act of the African Union apply ;
10. The above re-colonization has been consistently resisted under scourging oppression until early May 9, 2015 when, led by the Southern Cameroons Lawyers (Common Law Lawyers) , not only the resistance was reignited but the reignition eventually consumed the entire Country of Southern Cameroons leading to virtually everyone standing up resolutely and definitively against their further colonization;
11. The Southern Cameroons restorative peaceful revolution has rapidly progressed to involve beyond the Southern Cameroons national territory, to include the entirety of the Southern Cameroons Diaspora world-wide;
12. On October 1, 2017, the Declaration of restoration of Southern Cameroons Independence was made. The declaration was subsequently followed by establishment of the Interim Government of Southern Cameroons now renamed Ambazonia ;
Southern Cameroons has since the decision to stand up for her independence, been subjected to an initially smoldering genocide which has now gone full scale;
In the face of all these developments the world has shamefully turned a blind eye to that part of humanity called Southern Cameroonians;
We are in desperate need of World Leaders in international diplomacy from The United States, Britain, Nigeria, South Africa, besides the United Nations, European union, ECOWAS, SADECC, EAEC as well as Civil Society Organizations like Amnesty International, Human rights Watch, American Bar Association and more, engaging discussion in response the to cry of the over eight million Southern Cameroonians facing genocide from the French Cameroun Republic this part of humanity gets exterminated. Do not let Rwanda repeat itself under our watchful eyes.