President Paul Biya will this Saturday the 19th November 2016 preside over the opening ceremony of the women’s Africa Cup of Nations at the Ahmadou Ahidjo Stadium in Yaoundé. Cameroon state radio and television will cover the event live as the Indomitable Lionesses host Egypt in the first encounter.
Below is the schedule for the opening of the 10th edition of the tournament:
– 9.00a.m. – Opening of the gates of the Stadium and installation of entertainment groups.
– 11:30.a.m – Pre-entertainment groups.
- Performance by artists
- Performance of Lili the AFCON Mascot
– 12.00 noon- arrival of Guests
– 12:10 p.m.-12:50 p.m. – Arrival of members of the Diplomatic Corps, and Government.
– Arrival of CAF Executive Committee members and Special Guests.
– 12:55 p.m. – Arrival of the First President and the State Prosecutor of the Supreme Court.
– 1:00 p.m. – Arrival of the President of the Economic and Social Council.
– 1:05 p.m. – Arrival of the Prime Minister and Head of Government.
– 1:10 p.m. Arrival of the President of the National Assembly
– 1:15.p.m – Arrival of the President of the Senate
– 1:20.p.m. – Arrival of the CAF President
– End of pre-match entertainment and installation of dignitaries.
– 1:40.p.m. Arrival of the Head of State:
- Military honours
- Installation at the Presidential Stand
- Opening of the AFCON ceremony by the Head of State
- Start of the opening show:
– Anthem at the 10th Women AFCON Cameroon 2016
– Artistic performance
– End of Artistic performance
– 3:30 p.m. Kick-off of the opening match Cameroon versus Egypt.
– 4:15 p.m. Half-time
– 4:30 p.m. start of the second half
– 5:15 p.m. End of match
– Departure of the Head of State from the Stadium for Unity Palace.
– End of the ceremony.