The body of Bishop Jean Marie Benoît Balla was found on June the 2nd 2017 in Tsang, an area within Ebebda in the Centre Region. Administrative and security authorities who camped at the area took time to formerly identify the body before it was announced that the remains of the Man of God had been found.
State radio and television reported that Cameroonians were relieved at the news but cannot find closure until lingering questions in relation to the tragedy have been answered.
– The Man of God looked physically tired in recent days.
– That the Bishop worked normally, not from his office but from his residence that faithful Tuesday.
– That the security guard opened the gate when he drove out at about 11pm Tuesday.
– That he left a note that did not say much about his state of mind.
– What should the famous phrase “je suis dans l eau”, “I am in water”, mean?
There goes the confusion surrounding the death of a Bishop whom Catholic Christians considered a reference. As funeral arrangements begin, there are hopes that more information to explain what looks like suicide will be made available. If this is not done, the death of Bishop Jean Marie Benoît Balla will be considered as an unsolved mystery.